International Conference “Issues of green economy and sustainable development in the Kyrgyz Republic”
November 14, 2022
“Ala-Too” International University and American University in Central Asia invite scientists, postgraduates, applicants, university professors, undergraduates, practitioners and all interested parties to an international conference with scientific papers and reports on the main aspects of the green economy and sustainable development.
The study of the issues of the green economy and sustainable development is one of the important topics of scientific research, since the green economy is the basis for the sustainable development and prosperity of the country and its citizens and affects all aspects of life. The principles of the green economy are becoming more and more relevant in the modern world.
Kyrgyzstan considers the transition to sustainable development through the promotion of green economy approaches as a national priority in medium- and long-term documents and intends to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
The event is supported by UNITAR within the framework of the project “Introduction of Green Economy education in Kyrgyz universities”, dedicated to the integration of 5 green economy courses developed and adapted to Kyrgyzstan into the curricula of Kyrgyz universities, including regional ones, as well as awareness-raising and capacity-building of university teachers in teaching green economy.
The objectives of the conference are to increase the potential and awareness of domestic scientists, researchers, professors and experts on the topic of green economy and sustainable development, to discuss the latest innovations, trends and problems in this area, to exchange experience and research results in the field of green economy and sustainable development.
The organizers of the conference are Alliance of Universities of the Kyrgyz Republic for Green Economy and Sustainable Development, “Ala-Too” International University and the American University in Central Asia.
The event will be held in a hybrid online-offline format.
The following topics will be discussed at the conference:
- Sustainable development: comparative analysis of world achievements and national strategy of Kyrgyzstan
- Green growth and international trade
- Sustainable Finance (Green Finance, marketing and supply chains)
- Green growth and green agriculture
- Economics of climate change in Central Asia (Environmental and technological policy for climate mitigation)
- Climate change in the Kyrgyz Republic and its impact on agriculture and food security of the country
- Green Energy (Green Economy and Clean Energy)
- Green Industry
- Sustainable waste management
- Development of the Circular Economy (Green Economy and circular economy relations)
- Eco-innovations for green economic changes
- Green economy, sustainability, innovation.
You can also speak at the conference as a speaker!
Please send applications for a presentation by November 7, 2022 by e-mail email@example.com, be sure to specify the subject of the letter “Application for the conference”.
The following information about the speaker should be indicated in the application:
- Full name;
- Name of the organization or educational institution;
- Position, academic degree and title (if any);
- Phone and email address;
- Title of the topic of the speech;
- A list of the last three publications (if any).
The application must be accompanied by detailed abstracts of the report in Russian language with a volume of 2 to 8 thousand characters with spaces (Times New Roman font, size 14, interval 1.0).
The abstracts of the report should contain:
- statement of the scientific problem to be solved in the study;
- justification of its relevance;
- methods of scientific research used by the author;
- the main results obtained in the study;
- the value of the results obtained.
The best articles will be published in the scientific journal “Alatoo Academic Studies”, which is included in the List of peer-reviewed periodicals recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Kyrgyz Republic. The article should be designed in accordance with the requirements and rules for the authors of the journal. For more information about the scientific journal “Alatoo Academic Studies” follow the link: http://aas.alatoo.edu.kg/.
Date: 17-November 2022
Time: 10:00 – 15:00 hours
Venue: “Ala-Too” International University